Since 1989, the losing team in the Superbowl is 5-17 in Week 1 (0-12 the last 12 yrs).
This Rays fan had the unfortunate luck of having Will Middlebrooks' home run ricochet off of the hands of a guy a few seats in front of him and smack him in the face. Ouch!
We're coming up to the second stanza of the Triple Crown, and here are the contenders for the 138th Preakness Stakes, which takes place this Saturday at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore.
The second installment of Thoroughbred Racing's most pinnacle award, The Triple Crown, will take place this Saturday with the 138th Preakness Stakes. Kentucky Derby winner Orb seems to be the favorite as Triple Crown contenders tend to be. It's been 35 years since we've seen a Triple Crown winner. Will this be the year or will contenders like Mylute stop Orb's quest for greatness?
Here are the Post Positions and latest odds for the Preakness Stakes
Post Horse Jockey Trainer Odds
1. Orb Joel Rosario Shug McGaughey 1-1
2. Goldencents Kevin Krigger Doug O’Neill 8-1
3. Titletown Five Julien Leparoux D. Wayne Lukas 30-1
4. Departing Brian Hernandez Jr Albert M. Stall, Jr 6-1
5. Mylute Rosie Napravnik Tom Amoss 5-1
6 . Oxbow Gary Stevens D. Wayne Lukas 15-1
7. Will Take Charge Mike Smith D. Wayne Lukas 12-1
8. Govenor Charlie Martin Garcia Bob Baffert 12-1
9. Itsmyluckyday John Velazquez Eddie Plesa Jr. 10-1
138th Preakness Stakes
Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore, Md
Saturday May 18 6:20PM
Purse $1 Million