News Anchor - Tampa, FL
With 243 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
An essential part of Radio Operations, the News Anchor works with Programming on all matters regarding news. This position will prepare and deliver newscasts on appropriate stations. Must be an aggressive self-starter who can hit the ground running, cut up sound on the fly, report live from the street or in-house, love big breaking news, write conversationally, and stay on top of social media – all while updating the web and Facebook. Must be able to write short, tight copy, adlib well, anchor short form newscasts or long form event coverage when necessary, interact with talk show hosts and news anchors live, and understand news coverage in the digital/social media age.
· Report to and work with the News Director on matters of news, including but not limited to content and format of same.
· Prepare and anchor newscasts during times determined by station needs.
· Develop and produce local interest “feature”.
· Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
· Cultivate news contacts outside the station.
· Follow FCC and station procedures regarding FCC license, on-air responsibilities and maintenance of program and transmitter logs.
· Interview guests, and moderate panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
· Set up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
· High School Diploma; College degree preferred.
· Formal training in radio broadcasting and two years related experience and/or training.
· Ability to operate on-air control board, reel to reel tape recorder and remote broadcast equipment.
· Must be a fast learner and self-starter capable of doing more than one thing at a time.
· Adobe Audition and RCS News experience a plus.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
· Valid driver’s license.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job Location TAMPA, Florida, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular